Warm Comber Earlies Salad with Bacon & Blue cheese
4 as lunch or 8 as part of an afternoon or picnic
- 500g new season Comber Earlies potatoes , halved or quartered into bite-size chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions , each sliced into 6 wedges
- 4 rashers smoked back bacon or 8 streaky, sliced into lardons
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 100g bag mixed watercress and spinach salad
- 85g creamy blue cheese
- Steam the potatoes until just tender when pierced with a knife. set aside to cool
- Heat a non-stick frying pan. Dry-fry the bacon until crisp
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Whisk the mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and remaining 1 tbsp oil
- Place potatoes, onions, and bacon in a large bowl with the salad leaves, pour over the dressing, season with salt and black pepper to taste, then toss well.
- Divide between 4 plates, then crumble over the blue cheese.