Savoury French Loaf
A really tasty recipe that uses local ingredients & is great for using up leftovers, too!
1 hour, 5 minutes
- 170ml natural yoghurt
- 250g self raising flour
- 100g grated cheddar
- 70g Feta cheese, crumbled
- 7 TBSP light olive oil
- 3 free range eggs
- 4-6 slices streaky bacon, fried until crispy and crumbled
- 2 TBSP sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of dried mixed herbs
- Pinch sea salt
- 8-10 green olives, finely sliced
- 4 black olives, sliced
- Place the flour, herbs, and salt in a large bowl
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, yoghurt, and oil together until smooth
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir with a spatula until just combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, keeping all the black olives, a small handful of the cheddar and a few green olives for the topping.
- Scrape the batter into a lined 2lb loaf tin, smooth it off level with the back of a spoon and top with the remaining olives and cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 170C for 50 minutes – until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for half an hour before lifting it out of the tin and allowing to cool before slicing.